Packed full of nutritious ingredients, this quinoa chicken salad by Food Fanatic makes a quick and easy side or main dish that can be served hot or cold. Protein-packed quinoa and chicken contribute to a whopping 27 grams of protein in a single serving! Cut down on prep time by using leftover chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken.
Quinoa Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup prepared vinaigrette dressing
Place the quinoa in a large bowl, and add the black beans, corn, onion, pepper, chicken and parsley.
Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, and stir to combine well.
Garnish with more parsley before serving, if desired.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Per serving: Calories: 388; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 30mg; Sodium: 391mg; Carbohydrate: 56g; Dietary Fiber: 12g; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 27g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 870mg; Iron: 23%; Vitamin A: 19%; Vitamin C: 51%; Calcium: 7%
We’re Food Fanatic – a gathering of the best food bloggers the internet has to offer in one tasty spot. If you love food? We’re your people. For more delicious recipes, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Original recipe created by Olivia of Primavera Kitchen and published on Food Fanatic.
The post Quinoa Chicken Salad appeared first on Hello Healthy.