Look forward to lunch with these flavorful Asian chicken lettuce wraps. They’re sweet, savory and filled with satisfying chunks of cooked chicken, mango and edamame. Packing tip: Keep the lettuce leaves separate from the chicken mixture, so it’s easier to reheat.
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
For the wrap:
- 6 ounces precooked or leftover chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 medium green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely diced mango
- 1/4 cup shelled edamame
- 4 large iceberg, Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium Asian BBQ sauce (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced or grated ginger
Heat the chicken strips according to package directions. Once warm, chop chicken into bite-size pieces.
In a mixing bowl, add chicken, cabbage, green onion, mango and edamame. In a Mason jar with a lid, add dressing ingredients and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds. Pour dressing over chicken mixture, and stir until well-combined.
Lay out lettuce cups onto plates. Add equal amounts of chicken into the lettuce cups, and serve.
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 2 large lettuce wraps
Per serving: Calories: 218; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 50mg; Sodium: 724mg; Carbohydrate: 21g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 8g; Protein: 27g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 389mg; Iron: 6%; Vitamin A: 26%; Vitamin C: 36%; Calcium: 2%
The post Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps appeared first on Hello Healthy.